Friday, March 1, 2019

March 1st, 2019 The Power of PV

March 1st, 2019 The Power of PV

Yesterday was another 6-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I completed a combination stair master/elliptical workout, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I accepted a challenge from a support friend the other day. He challenged me to try the stair master. I did--and oh my, it's killer. The challenge was for ten minutes--and I completed the challenge. You wouldn't think ten minutes would do much--but let me assure you, that ten minutes gave me more of a workout than the elliptical. My legs were burning three minutes into it and by the 7-minute mark I was seriously wondering if I could hold on for another three minutes. I transferred over to the elliptical to finish out the exercise session. I can feel it in my legs today.










































It was a good food day, too.

I spent some time visiting with mom last night before making a quick store run for a few things. I'm looking forward to the weekend, for sure. I plan on getting some good things done!

I often talk about, write about, and encourage my support friends to try doing positive visualizations each day. I was reminded of this powerful practice today when new country artist Dustin Lynch credited positive visualizations with a lot of his success in country music. I thought it might be a good time to post a couple of excerpts about PV from the archives:

From July 2016:
Positive visualizations have played a big role for me from Day 1 at 505 pounds. What I visualize has changed over the years. The first six months or so, I was trying to visualize what I would look like at a healthy weight. The positive visualizations evolved from there. I remember a trip the family and I took to the amusement park years ago--and we rode everything, every coaster--things I was scared to death of riding--but I did anyway, because I finally fit--I was no longer the morbidly obese man sitting on the bench, sweating--and watching everyone else has the time of their lives. I fit on every ride we tried. And it felt amazing. I visualized that trip many times over the course of a year or so before it actually happened. Call it a goal, call it what you will--to me, the power of the positive visualization, in detail--imagining where--specifically--I want this road to go, has been critically important to my success.

From February 2016:
The more I move along this road, the more I learn. Making sure my mind is open and my perspective is in a positive place, is paramount to my continued growth. The last nearly three years have taught me much more than the five years before it combined. I sometimes sit in wonder of what the next three years will bring. I have a lot to learn. I'm excited about learning more!

I often encourage others to practice positive visualizations of where they want to go--and I mean, in every way, every sense. That practice has been a key component for me because if I can imagine it, visualize it, dream about it--see it in my mind's eye, then I start to believe it's possible. It's one of the most underrated things I've been doing since day 1. I say "underrated" because I don't give it enough credit.

And those visualizations were not always positive. During my relapse regain, I had many visions of the gloom and doom in front of me if I continued spiraling out of control. My focus was finely tuned with fear of consequences from those days of chaos. And those consequences came in full force.

For me, it all goes back to: We get more of what we give the most energy and thought. We attract it. We either focus on what we fear or what we dream--or a mixture of both, I suppose. I've lived examples of both sides--the good and the not good, I've attracted a whole lot of both in my life. I'm blessed and grateful now--because the good far outweighs the other.

The list of health improvements is a very long list. Recent lab results were better than I expected and night and day different than my previous 500-pound years.

These things are things I'd often use for my positive visualizations throughout my transformation.

Take a break, close your eyes, and imagine the possibilities in as much vivid detail as you can muster--it can really make a profound difference. Sometimes in the beginning or in the middle of it, it's hard to imagine life any different than the moment--but imagining, visualizing where you're headed helps bring it to life because it serves as a powerful reminder of why you're doing what you're doing--and it also helps you believe it's possible.

If you can dream it and believe it, you can do it. I started dreaming of believing in my transformation from Day 1.

Dreams come true.

Don't give up. Ever. Please.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Have you listened to the unabridged audio version of my book? Get yours today!

With a donation of $20 or more to The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser, You'll receive the entire unabridged audio version of my book, Transformation Road-My Trip To Over 500 Pounds and Back-narrated by me on mp3 disc!! This includes shipping. Increased donation increments of at least $20 will include an additional mp3 disc of the unabridged audio version, perfect to give as a gift!
Also, the two-hour recorded YouPlan Workshop is available for a minimum $25 donation.

To donate, send an email request to transformation.road@gmail.com, and I'll send you a secure invoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.