Wednesday, March 27, 2019

March 27th, 2019 I Can Feel Better

March 27th, 2019 I Can Feel Better

Yesterday was a 7-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, I enjoyed a good 30-minute elliptical workout, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

My Tuesday wasn't a bad one at all. I try to stay mindful about the things I'm doing and how they help create how I'm feeling on any particular day. The star system of assigning points to the individual elements of my daily practice really helps me see things more clearly. When I hit six or seven stars for a particular day, that typically means I've personally prepared all my meals and I've exercised--and rarely do I have a 7-star day where I feel blah. It certainly doesn't stop me from stringing together several 4-star days, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but I can do better--or wait, let me rephrase that...I can feel better. I can intentionally choose actions that support a more positive mental state.















One of the things I'm always working on is self-image stuff. It isn't all about the physical, although when I look at "before" pictures it reminds me of the self-limiting thoughts and labels I've clung to over the years. One of the "mental gymnastics" things I do involves looking at a picture like the one above and intentionally making an inventory of positive things about me at that point in time. When I do this, it helps me find the core elements of me regardless of my size. It's a powerful exercise. The only rule for this exercise: If a negative thought pops in my head I must start over.

Make no mistake, the physical transformation is honestly the least of it--the biggest transformations along this road involve the mental, emotional, and spiritual. It's a daily practice and it isn't always easy. But it's worth the effort.
 
Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.