Monday, August 15, 2016

August 15th, 2016 A Loaf and Lesson

August 15th, 2016 A Loaf and Lesson

Waking after a full seven hours rest was profoundly different. I don't know why I seemed so surprised--or why I sometimes take a little longer than most to put two and two together. But, I'm me--and that's just fine. I'm making progress, not perfection, for certain.

It was a busy afternoon. I left the studio a touch later than I wanted, enjoyed a fantastic one on one session with a new client, ran a few after work errands--and made it home in time to prepare for the Monday night support group conference call.

I made the mistake of moving both dinner and a workout until after the group call. The Monday group is early--so it is possible to do dinner and workout afterwards--but only if I keep dinner fast and simple. I didn't do that tonight. I was bent on preparing something I've avoided for more than two and a half years...at least I can't remember eating it in the last two and a half years-- MEATLOAF!

The challenge: Make a meatloaf with a bunch of ingredients--use a refined sugar-free alternative to ketchup, no crackers--and make it big--but keep it lower in calories. I accomplished this goal at the expense of sacrificing my workout.

It took too long. I measured everything going into this kitchen experimental recipe--and it turned out perfectly--and oh my, the flavor was fantastic---and the entire 1/2 pound personal meatloaf checked in at 375 calories. For smaller calorie budgets--it could easily be cut in half, and still very satisfying! The entire process of this creation played out on the Twitter feed--you can check it out, below, if you like that kind of thing.

The secrets of this successful meatloaf: 96% lean beef and spicing up sugar-free tomato sauce instead of sugar loaded ketchup. Instead of crackers, I used chopped mushrooms and olives. It was fun to get in there and get into it with enthusiasm. And that's awesome--but I simply cannot allow myself this on a busy Monday or Tuesday night. I need to reserve these kinds of adventures for later in the week--and preferably weekends!

It was a great food day.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained abstinent from refined sugar, I exceeded my daily water goal and I stayed connected with awesome support. And of course-- I got adventurous in the kitchen!

As I texted a support connection: "If I'm not going to meet a stated goal, number one, I must have a solid reason--number two, I must learn from it and do it differently next time."

Progress, not perfection. Thank goodness!

Continuous Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:












































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Did you chop your olives and mushrooms before adding them to the ground beef? It looks delicious and very calorie-friendly! In the past I have mixed up the meatloaf in the morning, stuck it in the fridge all day while I was at work, then stuck it in the oven when I got home, to save time.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.