Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24th, 2016 Yes, I Ate It

August 24th, 2016 Yes, I Ate It

It was her first day on the job, a new colleague at the studio--and her first time to sit down with some of us around the conference table at lunch. "You take pictures of your food?" before I could reply, another colleague offered, "He takes pictures of everything he consumes and has for a very long time." Another joked, "he's obsessive about it." My long-time studio mates might tease me occasionally, but they also express a lot of support. They're proud of me and it shows. They remember my 500 pound days very well--including specific moments, like the time I retrieved a piece of pie from the trash can. Yes, I ate it. No, I'll never live it down!

Normally, in a situation like this, I'd launch into a big explanation of why I do what I do, complete with the quick version of the 500-pound back-story and why I make accountability and support a super high priority every single day. Instead, I didn't. I just smiled and offered, very simply, "It's an accountability measure for my food plan." And that was that.

If you're a regular reader of this blog--you know why I do what I do!

Today was another day like yesterday. I had a plan--and something occurred, requiring me to modify my plan. That something was tonight's on-air severe weather coverage. It happens. It's part of my job. I maintained all stated goals of the day except being in bed by 10pm. I finished dinner early in preparation--at least this prevented a super late dinner.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I met my daily water goal. And I enjoyed staying connected with exceptional support.

Irene (known as NaNa to our little Noah) and Allan, brought my grandson Noah by the studio this afternoon. He loved putting the headphones on and speaking into the microphone. He might be a natural! Thanks to my job, I have tickets for Jurassic Quest this weekend in Wichita and I can't wait to take him! He's going to absolutely flip!! It'll be like his toy dinosaurs have come to life!

Continuous Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:




































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. We food addicts are truly addicted, aren't we? I (in more recent years) have found myself throwing coffee grounds on top of something I've thrown away to prevent myself from digging it out of the garbage and eating it. Sad. But true. Good to have supportive co-workers.
    Your Noah is the spitting image of his Grandpa Sean. How nice of Irene to bring him by your work--you guys have such a great relationship. My grandson Noah, who is only 2, calls himself Nonie (long O), so that's his nickname now. LOVE that little whirlwind!!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.