Saturday, August 27, 2016

August 27th, 2016 What It's All About

August 27th, 2016 What It's All About

It's a really good thing I'm not a perfectionist. Because today wasn't perfect! I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained abstinent from refined sugar, I exceeded my water goal and I maintained good solid support contact via text exchanges. I did not get to the gym for my workout.

An important part of my plan depends on the benefits of consistent exercise--not just the physical benefits, the mental/emotional benefits, too. It's important for me to NOT make missing workouts a habit. It's also important for me to NOT beat myself up over an occasional day where I didn't.

I just got home from Stillwater. Mom isn't feeling well. It's not like her to decline an invitation for dinner and conversation, but she did. Instead of dining with mom, I had dinner with a longtime friend who was celebrating a birthday, today! I picked up a few things for mom at the store and headed over to visit with her before heading home. She's going to be okay; she already has doctors on this recently developed gallbladder issue. It's affecting her in a variety of ways.

I didn't pick the restaurant this evening and it was fine. Although, my appetizer was loaded (see Tweet below). The crab stuffed mushrooms topped with parmesan was refined sugar-free, so I made it fit into the budget--which wasn't hard considering I was at low budget levels by the time dinner rolled around.

To me, this whole deal isn't about perfection, it's about progress. It's about consistency. It's about a lot of things. Good time to repost this:

What's This All About?
By me!

"What's this all about? It's about progress, not perfection. It's about how you feel, not a number. It's about you and for you, not about or for anyone else. It's about living, not dying. It's about dreaming, not dreading. It's about freedom, not imprisonment. It's about opening your mind to the possibilities, not closing it to the changes. It's about acceptance, not rejection. It's about nourishing, not depriving. It's about a broadly consistent importance level, not short bursts of narrow focus. It's about wanting, not forcing. It's about doing your best, not trying to do another's best. It's about today, not tomorrow, or next week or the first of the month or January 1st. It's about committing to consistency with all your heart and holding on tight, not a halfhearted commitment easily released with the slightest breeze. It's about you deserving better, because you do. It's about you being important, because you are important."

I'll be up early tomorrow. My first guest podcast interview is at 9am. Right after the interview, I'm taking my three-year-old grandson Noah to Jurassic Quest in Wichita, about an hour away. He's going to lose his mind! He loves dinosaurs. But until now, he's only played with his small dinosaur figures. The dinosaurs at Jurassic Quest are life-size animatronic versions! I hope he's not scared. I remember the look of panic from him when I tried to take him to the circus--but that was a year ago. I have a feeling he'll do fine tomorrow! I'll have him back home with his momma by 4pm or so, then I'll be ready for a Sunday evening workout, dinner and some podcast work.

My podcast debuts soon. I'm faunching at the bit to show you the cover art--but I must wait until everything's in place--and that'll be very VERY soon.

Continuous Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:


























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. I love how you're able to roll with unexpected changes. That's something I still have to master. Thanks for the encouragement! Hope your mom is well soon. Gallbladder pain is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love reading your blog and am so happy you're living the example. Exercise and making the time for it is a difficult thing for me, but I believe as you do - you must do it, but can't beat yourself up when you can't. For me, I have to be careful about the "can't" and make sure it's not an excuse, because at this point it would be a slippery slope for me.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.