Friday, September 16, 2016

September 16th, 2016 I Still Do The Math

September 16th, 2016 I Still Do The Math

The schedule this week hasn't left enough room for too many adjustments. Up early, work until afternoon--then off to a location broadcast at the big fair, every day. The fair is only three minutes away from where my daughter and grandson live. Tonight, I made my way over there after the broadcast for a quick visit and to deliver him a carnival ride pass. Oh man--he's going to lose his mind! Last year was different. He didn't really care for the noise, the chaos--the strange rides. But this year--he's three years old, and ready to ride 'em all.

I made it home at almost 7:30pm and immediately started on dinner preparation. I almost called an audible and dined at a restaurant on the way home. I have two good choices a few blocks from my apartment. But, I didn't--because I recently purchased fresh salmon, on sale- and it was waiting in the fridge--and needed to be cooked. I'm not going to admit how many times I've waited too long. Lately, I've been working on being a little more efficient with my groceries. I've used leftovers better and I've managed the 'freezer to fridge' transition a little better. I can't count the number of times I've made a trip to the grocery store because I forgot to properly thaw something.

The plan: Cook dinner, eat, do what I needed to do (this blog)--and go to bed early. Instead, I cooked dinner, enjoyed it--and fell asleep, and slept well. Now, I'm up for a short period. I can sleep in tomorrow, thank goodness. My final broadcast from the fair is tomorrow afternoon.

The huge outpouring of congratulations for my 8th Anniversary was absolutely incredible. Thank you very much! I still can't believe it's been eight years since I started this blog. I still do the math every time-- yep, eight years, well isn't that something?

The last two weeks have truly been a couple of the most challenging I've experienced in a long time. I'm grateful they're behind me! And I made it through, holding onto my rails all the way! I'm proud of that.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I exceeded my daily water goal and I stayed connected with good support.

Once again, I relied on my high activity level to pass as exercise. To me, this isn't something I should get into the habit of doing. My intentional workouts are always much better mentally and physically. I do my fast #morningdeal routine every day--but I never count it as "a workout."

The challenges along this road keep it interesting and always provide opportunities for learning and growth. I'm looking for a balance--and then maintenance of that balance!

I'm headed back to bed. Goodnight!    

Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again on your 8th year. I'm so proud of you. You have no idea what you do for me, cousin. Every time I feel like I can't do it, all I have to do is read your blog or even just see a picture of you, then I'm all good again. Keep doing what you're doing...you're still da man!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.