Saturday, September 24, 2016

September 24th, 2016 No Excuses

September 24th, 2016 No Excuses

Making sure I get up for the day with enough time to do my morning disciplines is crucial to the outcome of my day. That "me time" first thing, the meditation and prayer, followed by my fast #morningdeal before coffee--then my peaceful coffee time followed by catching up with messages, emails and other online things--just sets the tone. It does require a time commitment--but it's seriously made a profound difference since I started making it important at the start of my turnaround from relapse/regain, two and a half years ago. Today required a 7am alarm. Consequently, it'll also be the earliest bedtime on a Saturday night, in recent memory.

Today was nuts on the schedule. I did a 32 on-air break-plus 4 Facebook LIVE broadcast on two stations from four different new car dealers.

I packed some things to assist me in getting to a late lunch after the four-hour broadcast. Each dealer was giving away free food. By the third dealer, I found something I could enjoy that easily fit within my food plan. It was a food truck specializing in street tacos. I asked some key questions about the ingredients and serving sizes and quickly discovered the chicken tacos fit my plan just fine. They were fairly small--and two, with approximately 14g chips and fresh prepared salsa, checked in at a very low 266 cal (see Tweet below).

I made it home and enjoyed a victory cup of coffee before heading out to a wedding rehearsal for a wedding I'm scheduled to emcee tomorrow afternoon/evening.

A quick stop at the store-- a few items, then it was home for a small nap, finally. And that would have been wonderful--except I was activated for weather coverage. The nap was cut short.

I'm proud to say that through a busy day like this, I once again stayed connected via text to solid support, I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I met my water goal and I remained abstinent from refined sugar.

I can remember many times when a day like this would serve as an excuse to binge big time.

No excuses. Not anymore

I'm dropping in bed very early for me on a Saturday night.

Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are being tough, not moderate and not making excuses. Sugar coating and head pats are at an all time high level, along with diabetes and obesity.

    Glad you are staying on your food template. It will take you far.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.