Thursday, September 22, 2016

September 22nd, 2016 Infectious!

September 22nd, 2016 Infectious!

It wasn't going to be easy today. It unfolded as I thought it might--heavily involved, until I stopped--made it home for a short nap--a refresher of sorts, before heading to an annual event our radio station has been a part of for the last seven years. I was the special guest dj/emcee at an elementary school family fun night. This event--and those who have helped organize it every year, have witnessed me at almost every point along this road. Going into this event--same as last year, taking extraordinary care and doing very well, just feels amazing. I was playing Tween pop hits and literally dancing. I couldn't help it! The beat in that music is infectious! Again, felt amazing--physically, mentally and emotionally.

I'm offered free pizza at this event every single time--and I politely decline. It's not my food. It's that simple in my mind. In order for me to make that call in the moment, I make sure I'm prepared in a couple of ways. I make sure I've brought something to eat--anything, something small...and, I make sure I have a plan for dinner after the event. I took both of those things with me--some cantaloupe and a dinner plan including one of my favorite kitchen creations: Oven "Fried" Catfish! Oh my goodness--it's delicious to me!

I underestimated two things--the total time the evening would take--from set up to loading out--then to the store, then home to cook. And what a workout it would be with the equipment. I'll tell you--had I not dined out the last two evenings--it would have been a to-go order of chicken fajita crispy tacos, for sure. But--although it's not necessarily a rule, I couldn't justify eating out three nights in a row. And really--the prep time on the fish and fresh cut sweet potato fries isn't too bad. It took 8 minutes to get it in the oven...then it's simply turning everything midway-about 12-15 minutes in--then waiting another 10-13 minutes.

I committed to a workout tonight. And my brain kept reminding me of the workout from carrying the equipment...but I was committed to an intentional workout, so I made it important. I was on the way out the door when I realized my key to the gym I frequent is locked up in the station vehicle several miles away. I made a quick adjustment and hit the stairs for a shorter workout (15 minute). It's surprisingly just as intense and maybe even more than a full 30-minute elliptical ride.

Once again, if you've taken the time to check out my new podcast, thank you very much! The positive feedback has me very excited for future episodes! If you haven't had a chance to listen--you're invited! Below, you'll find the links for iPhone and Android.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I stayed well connected with solid support. I exceeded my daily water goal and I enjoyed a fantastic, short and sweet stair climbing workout.

Transformation Planet links for iTunes and Google Play for Android:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/transformation-planet/id1156253381

https://play.google.com/music/listen?authuser#/ps/Ipzczm2rdtaaxw7tvnw2so3urxi

Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:








































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.