Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July 19th, 2017 Truly Dangerous

July 19th, 2017 Truly Dangerous

Good evening! I'm determined to get to bed earlier than the last few nights. The last report I received on my grandson was a good one. He's doing well, or at least better, tonight. I'm doing better, too.

Today was rough. Not getting enough sleep is a tough thing. And for someone like me, it's truly dangerous. I'm not immune to the "I'm too tired to care about my plan," thoughts--and for me, that means the more exhausted I am, the more I must pause, the harder it is to act instead of react, and I must stay better connected with support. And I must get more rest. I'm at my best with proper rest. I made it home this afternoon, prepared an on-plan lunch--stayed up a little while, then napped for a bit. Not enough to negatively affect me too much tonight--just enough to get a clearer head for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

I've received several messages and emails asking about episode 16 of Transformation Planet. Rest assured, it's coming. I simply have had one thing after another keeping me from finishing the episode production. My guest for episode 16, processed food addiction expert, Dr. Joan Ifland, is worth the wait, I promise!

I've also received a few messages from folks working their way through the first 15 episodes. Thank you for listening! Part of my challenge is making time and space to focus on the podcast and other exciting projects I want to do. But clearly, I must take actions to support a more consistent stream of content. This blog, specifically the last three plus years, is the only content where I've remained 100% consistent. I'm not beating myself up. Just recognizing, acknowledging the truth--and exploring steps to help align actions with intent.

A wise person once said, "Your actions are speaking so loudly, I can't hear what you're saying." I feel that in a very pointed way most days.

Anyhow-- I better drop in bed. I enjoyed my dinner tonight at mom's place. We watched some TV and visited while I enjoyed my dinner. It was nice.

-------------------

If you've read the last several editions of this blog, you know about Billie, my ex-wife's little sister who passed away Saturday morning the 15th. She was in her late 30's with two little girls and a husband. Pre-planning for things like that is rarely something thought about in our 30's. I know Scott, and he's one of the hardest working people I know--and he's doing everything he can, depleting his available resources. A GoFundMe account has been set up to help close the final expenses gap for this tragic and unexpected loss. No gift is too small. If you can, I know it would be appreciated. The funeral is set for 2:15pm Monday.

It might seem strange to ask you to click the link and help this man and his daughters considering they're very likely strangers to you. You're just here to read this blog--and I appreciate that very much!! You'd be doing me a favor, too. If you don't, not a worry at all! I appreciate your loyal readership, always!

I'll make you a deal: If you'll click the link and make a donation of any amount--then send me your shipping address via email to transformation.road@gmail.com,  I'll send you a free paperback copy of Transformation Road-My Trip To Over 500 Pounds and Back.  If you already own a copy, you might give it as a gift! Simply mention "donated via blog link" in the body or subject line of your email. Thank you! Here's the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/zq2cb-help-for-funeral-expenses

A big thank you to everyone who's donated and sent a shipping address to me, so far. I plan on shipping books Friday-and you should have your paperback copy in hand by Monday or Tuesday.

Today's Accountability Tweets:
























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.