Thursday, July 20, 2017

July 20th, 2017 She Wasn't Waiting

July 20th, 2017 She Wasn't Waiting

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I'll never forget the chaos and fear I felt in the middle of that night in the hospital, twenty-four years ago. Courtney was a breech baby. And she wasn't waiting. The doctor on duty called for an emergency C-section, but the anesthesiologist wasn't answering his pager at 4am, and again, Courtney wasn't waiting. They ordered me out of the delivery room and prepared for a very risky delivery. I didn't know how serious it was until that moment. It was chaos--the doctor barking orders, everyone basically freaking out-- and I was pacing in a waiting room all alone praying--or more honestly, begging and pleading, making deals, negotiating with my soul--whatever I needed to do for God to make Irene and Courtney okay. It was the fastest answer to a prayer in my entire life. I looked up and across the way to the nursery, as a nurse motioned me over to see my baby girl for the very first time. That moment was the epitome of "love at first sight."  That first look combined with the realization that Irene and our daughter were both perfectly fine, was one of the biggest moments of relief and gratitude I've ever experienced.

My youngest daughter, Courtney, turned 24 today! As Noah would say, "Whaaaaattt?" I know! It doesn't seem possible. She's the mother of Noah and Oliver and she'll always be my baby girl.

We're planning a special family dinner out tomorrow night in celebration of this special occasion.

Happy Birthday, sweetie! I love you!!

Okay--I officially feel super-old now--mentally, but physically, I feel wonderful, and so it evens out, I think. Yeah, it evens out. 

Hitting the pillow, but before I do--some special Courtney pictures from the archives...


Courtney and Me at a family restaurant gathering




















Years ago-Courtney and Me after a workout
















My sweethearts. Courtney & Amber.





















Today's Accountability Tweets:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.