Wednesday, May 22, 2019

May 22nd, 2019 Willingness

May 22nd, 2019 Willingness

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

As the storms continue and the flood waters continue to rise, the news stories keep coming--horrible stories of people losing their lives to flooding, mostly. The National Weather Service and the Transportation Department make urgent pleas for media to constantly remind drivers to never "try to make it," across standing water--"turn around, don't drown," is the mantra--and we (media) say it constantly, but still--some don't hear it or heed it, to tragic consequences. The more stories I see and report about on the air, the less I'm inclined to complain about how the weather has affected my schedule lately. I'm safe, I don't live anywhere near a flood-prone area, and we've dodged the most violent storms. I have a lot of reasons to be grateful.

I'm staying connected with my plan, with others, and with my job--and right now, that's been about the best I can do.

Irene (known as Nana to our grandkids), Allen, and Noah came over early yesterday afternoon for a little while. Their power was recently restored after a huge outage and they needed to retrieve their things from my freezer. Coming home to their visit was a blessing. Every time I see Noah or any of my grandkids, I notice how quickly they're growing. It's a reminder for me to make more time for spending time with them. Noah will be six years old in early July--and my goodness, that doesn't seem possible.

Too many times, I would minimize the importance of the day or moment.  The rationalizations would come fast and easy, ready to let me off the hook long enough to lose sight of the big picture.  The enormity of the “rest of my life” would indeed make the moment seem small and insignificant, but beware:  These moments where the integrity of our iron-clad decision is compromised are huge.  The choices we’re making create physical and mental consequences.  The mental impact comes first, the physical impact comes when these days and moments of “insignificance” are compounded over time.  Your transformation is too important.  The strength of your resolve in this day and moment is paramount.  And it's not the resolve to "just do it," because if you're like me--addiction doesn't work that way because will power isn't a good defense. Instead of "resolve," I like "willingness." The strength of your willingness to build the structure of "rails" around your plan is key. This is very important because you’re extremely important.


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.