Monday, May 6, 2019

May 6th, 2019 Make It Work

May 6th, 2019 Make It Work

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

The last several days have been good ones. The extra work and weather have complicated the schedule somewhat, but that happens. At the end of the day, I'm super grateful for my job and the opportunities available to me. I say that because I think sometimes it might read like I'm complaining or whining about the interruption of schedule. I make adjustments as needed, I make it work. After last night's short sleep, I made a nap this afternoon critically important--especially in consideration of possible storms and coverage again tonight.

I wanted to share some pics from over the last few days. The owner of our radio station group sent me a long lost before picture last night. It was me at the Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters Awards Banquet about eighteen years ago. I was nominated that evening for Personality of The Year. I didn't know this pic existed. Full 500 pound me:


















The custom made orange sportcoat was originally commissioned for my standup gig opening for Sinbad and Faith Hill at Oklahoma State. I wish I still had that jacket! My goodness, 500-pound me was very lucky to be as mobile and active despite the weight. What you can't see in this pic is my raging high blood pressure, out of control sleep apnea, and the painful sores on my extremely swollen right leg due to lymphatic system damage. I smiled through a lot of things back then and those physical parts were just a part of the simmering soup. Anyway--another thing to be grateful for: I'm not 500 pounds anymore.

Did I mention how my grandson Noah kicked my tail at air hockey yesterday? Uh, yeah--here he is doing what can only be described as a victory dance.




































Watching Noah play Pac-Man is such a weird thing for me. I had a certifiable case of Pac-Man Fever as a kiddo. In the early eighties, our favorite grocery store had a Pac-Man machine--I'd beg mom for quarters and play while she shopped. Luckily, I eventually got good enough to make one quarter last a long time. Noah was showing that skill too--he's five, I was eleven and twelve. Technology has trained 'em younger, I suppose. He can also navigate my iPhone, which still boggles my brain.

The birthday party for two-year-old Oliver was Saturday evening. My two daughters and all of my grandkids in the same place at the same time was an awesome thing. Blessings!!!














Little Ollie is just waiting for his turn at excursions with Po Po! One of these days, Ollie!!















Phoebe!!! She was enjoying her dinner! So cute! The curls, my goodness, my heart warms!















Raegan being super-smiley! Those pig tails--just flat out adorable!

I feel blessed, grateful, and in a mental place of joy when I'm around the grands.

As tough as Irene and I made it for ourselves when we started so incredibly young, it's flipped around to our advantage now, being forty-seven and grandparents of four.

I better wrap this edition. I must check the status of weather development--another round of the bumpy stuff is coming, I'm afraid.




Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.