Friday, May 24, 2019

May 24th, 2019 A Break

May 24th, 2019 A Break

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

The flooding in this area has reached historic and record-setting levels. Everything that goes with that has happened; roads being completely washed away, a building literally falling into the earth, people and animals being rescued from rising waters, neighborhoods being evacuated, and tragically, loss of life. A lot of people are affected in this area.

The phones at the studio yesterday afternoon and evening were constantly lighting up when rumors of a water plant shutdown were running rampant across social media. We were able to go straight to the source and secure the City Manager for an in-studio LIVE interview last night where he confirmed, without room for speculation--the water plant was operating normally and would continue operating normally. It felt good to do something so perfectly aligned with our core mission as local broadcasters; to serve and inform our listeners.

For me, personally, I'm fine. This past week has meant a lot of extra work for many of us at the radio station, but it's been necessary and when you feel like what you're doing is making a positive difference in a horrible circumstance, it's all worth the effort.

As far as the specific effect on me and my plan, schedule, and otherwise--sure, it's presented some challenges, but I've managed. I've fallen behind in posting this blog at consistent times, and no workouts lately--just taking care of my food plan has been the thing and less sleep, which isn't necessarily a new challenge. I've had some late dinners lately--but again, not necessarily a new thing for me. The thing is this--when circumstances demand flexibility, we must adjust while maintaining certain boundaries--a simplification, if you will, where the plan--perhaps modified, isn't sacrificed. Excess food wouldn't change the weather or the schedule. So, we carry on and hope for the best--and the circumstances will improve because they always do.

The sun is shining brightly this morning. I'm getting ready for two back to back location broadcasts today, one at a big blood drive and the other at a grocery store's Memorial Weekend sale. I plan on donating blood during the broadcast, so that'll be good. I'm about to prepare a good breakfast and make my way into this day. More storms are expected to develop this afternoon and tonight, so there's that possibility for later. I hope not. This area could use a break.



Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.