Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 125 Where's The Blog? Oh, Sorry, Here It Is

Day 125

Where's The Blog? Oh, Sorry, Here It Is

Only one other time have I waited until the next day to post my blog entry. I was simply too tired last night to properly convey any sort of anything. So I cut myself some slack, just a little, and allowed myself to do it today. It feels really strange writing with the sun out. I had a decent day yesterday. The calories were in check, the workout was good, and overall it was a success.

When I picked up Courtney from her friends house this morning, one of the first questions was: “Did you write your blog last night?” I told her that I was posting it today,and her reaction was unexpected. She had a wide eyed look of concern. I guess she equates a daily blog entry to “daddy's on track,” and daddy is on track! I reassured her that everything was fine. There was no meltdown or anything like that. I just didn't manage my time well yesterday, and by the time I sat down at the computer I was in a semi-zombie state. I felt like I could write a better blog if I waited until today. It's something that has only happened one other time in the history of this blog, so don't worry about it! I do have to say, I don't like the way it made me feel this morning. I don't plan on missing another nights blog anytime soon. I hope I didn't alarm you when it wasn't there when you first checked. I apologize if it did.

I came to the realization that I need to take more pictures along the way. When I hit that first 100 pound goal I plan on an extensive photo session. While there is a big difference in my appearance, I still have a ways to go. I've recently looked at pictures of people who lost 100 pounds and they look so completely different, but for most of them, that's all they needed to lose. I'm still over 400 pounds, not for long of course, but still, I can't expect as dramatic of a change just yet. When I hit the 200 pounds lost mark, wow, now that should be an amazing change. I've noticed my wife noticing my thinner look lately, and I can tell that she likes what she sees. I don't say that in a conceited way, I'm just saying she's very happy about the changes she's noticed. It always takes a little longer to really notice when you're around someone everyday. It's much more dramatic of a difference when you haven't been around them in a while. I love to see her smile and hear her laugh. She knows that after all of these years by my side, I'm finally doing something about my biggest problem, and that makes her happy. And that makes me happy to see her happy.

I'm excited about the future and I'm diligent in defining the areas where I can improve my performance. We've talked about the exercise areas. But I could use some tweaking in the food and calories department too. Lately it seems, I've been guesstimating calories way too much. It's a gamble at times. I always make sure that I'm fair about it, and often times I'll ask Irene if she thinks it's fair. I don't like not knowing for sure what the exact count is in an item, but usually I can compare it to something similar that I know, and then make a pretty good guesstimate. We'll see what the scales say on Wednesday! I'm really pushing for a big finish during this two week weigh period. It will be too disappointing to come just short of my 10pound goal. I think I'll be fine, but I'm sprinting to Wednesday with everything I've got.

This afternoon I'll climb aboard a treadmill at the YMCA and put in 3.1 miles, a 5K! It's not going to be easy I guarantee, because two miles is a real challenge at 3.4 mph on that thing. But I can do it! I'll turn up the tunes and hit it hard! I'll let you know how that goes with tonights entry. Have a great day and until this evening....

Good Choices,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.