Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 138 An Undeniable Difference

Day 138

An Undeniable Difference

Thanks to everyone that expressed their condolences for the passing of my dear Aunt Violet.

Today was a very busy day at work. I worked right through lunch and didn't consume any calories at all from 8am until after 5pm. That's not good really. I always try to eat something every few hours. But this was not a typical day, so I'm not going to let it bother me in the least. I ran errands today and it seemed every where I stopped people noticed the weight loss. Even people I don't know very well and haven't really been around that much at all. It's fun when people notice, I guess it really is getting undeniably noticeable, and that's cool. One nice lady noticed the weight loss, congratulated me, then asked what I was doing to get it done. After I told her it was the basic approach of eating less and exercising, she said she could do the calorie counting, but she was out on the exercise portion. I then explained to her how I could barely make it a quarter mile when I started and now I can walk a 5K easily. It's funny how surprised people are when I reveal that I started at 505 pounds. I guess I never really looked like I weighed 505, judging from the surprised looks I encounter. By the time we finished our conversation she was talking about walking short distances and slowly working her way up. I had a visit with one of my daughters teachers today. It wasn't about Courtney, it was about losing weight and exercising. She told me that my success had inspired her husband to get busy, and in turn that inspired her to get busy too. Now that really feels good. When you really start doing these things it can have a profound effect on people around you, and it has a snowball effect. It doesn't have to be hard, it just has to start somewhere. I could barely walk through a parking lot in the beginning, and look at me now! That's the key, just doing what you can. I've really looked forward to getting back to this point on the journey. Just wait a little while and get ready for a much more dramatic change in the next 100 pounds. It's always something to look forward to.

Every weekend presents challenges I never go through during the week. It's the change of schedule and the large amount of extra free time available. Last weekend was such a breeze, but I know this weekend I'll have to up my self-security a few times. Amber and KL came in tonight and they're here for the weekend, plus we're going to Stillwater Sunday to spend some time with family. In order to be successful this weekend I know I'll have to watch my “guesstimations,” and get into the YMCA before they close at 5pm each day. I also have to monitor and adjust my water consumption. Weigh day is coming up quick, So I have to stay focused every minute of every day.

I'm not really worried. I'm in a zone and have been for a while now. I'm cutting tonights blog a little short. It's been a long day and I must rest now. Good night and...

Good Choices,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.