Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 126 The Importance Of Exercise and Doing What The Expert Says

Day 126

The Importance Of Exercise and Doing What The Expert Says

I gave it my best shot, I really did. But at 2.3 miles I started feeling some kind of pain in my right leg. I decided that I better call it good rather than injuring myself. I was close! I'll get it, no problem. I'm very careful with my right leg. Had it been my left leg, I would've kept on truckin', but with the history of problems with my right leg, I felt that maybe I should stop the treadmill. It was still a great workout regardless. I feel really good about it. I also feel really good about Wednesday's weigh-in. This 100 pound goal is going to feel really good to hit.

I talked to my mom earlier and she told me that she went walking for a little bit tonight. That's how to do it! Just start, just go out and start. You have to remember how slow I started. A ¼ mile was all I could take. I was surprised at how quickly I was able to up the distance. If I remember correctly, it was less than a month when I made it a full mile. So it will get easier, and that's what I've told my mom. I'm very proud of her for getting out there and doing what she did. Exercise is vital to the success of this journey. Without it, I could lose weight, but very slowly, and I wouldn't be as toned at the finish for sure. So it's vital to get a good workout of some kind everyday.

I've had a decent weekend as far as calories and exercise go, I can't complain. Some weekends are tougher than others. I remember how much I feared weekends in the beginning, because my schedule changes, and I worried about the risk of getting out of sync. I don't even know how many weekends this makes so far, but it's been a bunch, and so far I'm very happy with my performance. I still get weak occasionally. I do, I'll admit it, this isn't always as easy as I make it sound sometimes. It can get really difficult, especially when I'm in a bad mood, or make a poor decision. Just as great results can springboard me to even more great results, bad moods or poor decisions can lead to more of the same. So I have to be very careful sometimes with how I feel and what I do. I think that concentrating on making healthy decisions and creating and maintaining healthy habits is something I need to improve on. Just because I'm on the brink of my first 100 pound loss, I'm still not doing things absolutely 100% the way I should. I'm still not drinking enough water, I'm still not exercising enough every week, and some days I need to be better at managing my calories. You might think I'm being hard on myself here, but I'm not. Like I said in yesterdays edition, I've guessed way too much lately. I'm creeping out of my comfort zone of knowing exactly how many calories are in everything I consume. I can't get too far out of that zone, or I'll start making bad guesstimates. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I need to buckle down and get back to the strict style zone I was grooving in. Am I doing bad? Not at all. I'm doing great. Could I be doing better? Of course.

I read an US Weekly article on one of the “Biggest Losers” today. She said that she's cut her workout back to two hours a day. What?!?!? I've never even worked out two hours in one day. Now she's cut back to two? Wow, that made me feel severely inadequate. They had a side article with the female trainer on that show and it was to cool to read some of her suggestions and realize that these are the same conclusions that I've drawn along the way. She talked about special events and family get-togethers, and how putting the focus on visiting and enjoying the company, instead of focusing on the food, was the way to go. I was talking about that strategy within the first month. She had other things in that article that went right along with what I've been doing, so I felt really good about that. Of course she'd probably kick my butt for not working out as hard as I should. And maybe I need that. I also was watching CNN not too long ago while on the treadmill. They had another winner from another season on the show and he had gained back a considerable amount of weight. It just goes to show you that if you go through the motions, you can lose weight for sure. But if you don't learn about yourself and how to properly handle food and exercise, then you run the risk of gaining back. They kept showing a clip of him looking absolutely incredible at his final weigh-in, I can't imagine transforming into that and still letting it all go back. Of course this is coming from someone who lost 115 in 2004 and gained it all back plus 5 pounds, so I guess I understand a little.

I do look forward to winter being over. I can't really complain about the weather when I have relatives who read this blog and they're under two feet of snow right now. I'm just looking forward to the changing seasons. I want spring to hurry up and get here. It's normal to get a boost of energy when the seasons change and the sun is warmer. I don't know why, but a doctor told me that, and I've noticed it in my actions. I started my 2004 effort on March 15th, pretty much the beginning of spring around here. And I started this time on September 15th, the beginning of fall around here. So I'm looking forward to the changing seasons once again, it can only help me!

I sincerely appreciate your support by reading my blog everyday. It has been the source of great strength and understanding for me. I'm proud of the progress so far and the written record I've kept. I'm headed to bed. Just two and a half days until weigh day! Good night and...

Good Choices,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.