Wednesday, July 20, 2016

July 20th, 2016 Attention and Substance

July 20th, 2016 Attention and Substance

It is July. Last night I accidentally labeled the post June 19th. I've made the edit correction since. I have no idea how I didn't catch that!

I've increased my personal spiritual time the last three mornings and I truly believe it's made a big difference. Apart from prayer, it's my time for meditation and positive visualizations. I'll admit it--I tend to get sloppy with it sometimes by rushing it--and not truly feeling it, just doing the absolute basics. I can clearly notice the difference when I give it more time, attention and substance.

Positive visualizations have played a big role for me from Day 1 at 505 pounds. What I visualize has changed over the years. The first six months or so, I was trying to visualize what I would look like at a healthy weight. The positive visualizations evolved from there. I remember a trip the family and I took to the amusement park years ago--and we rode everything, every coaster--things I was scared to death of riding--but I did anyway, because I finally fit--I was no longer the morbidly obese man sitting on the bench, sweating--and watching everyone else have the time of their lives. I fit on every ride we tried. And it felt amazing. I visualized that trip many times over the course of a year or so before it actually happened. Call it a goal, call it what you will--to me, the power of the positive visualization, in detail--imagining where--specifically--I want this road to go, has been critically important to my success.

So yeah, I've been making more time for that lately. It's making a difference.

I've worked out well three days in a row. I've prepared some wonderful food--and even stretched a little bit in the kitchen. My cherry banana nachos today--and a sweet pork, veggie and long grain/wild rice dish--wow!!! Fantastic!!! You can see the tweets below.

I've had a few tell me they don't look at my meals because since I'm in maintenance mode with a generous daily calorie budget, it's too much food. I consume 2300 calories per day in maintenance. Most of what I prepare is adjustable. The calories can be easily reduced with a few key changes. A different perspective might be--instead of, "wow, that's a lot of food, too much!!" How about: "How can I adjust those amounts to fit my calorie budget?" I include the MyFitnessPal entry for every meal as a screen shot tweet.

I'm five minutes from bedtime.

Today, I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I exceeded my daily water goal. I remained connected with support contacts and I worked out at the gym. It was a fairly good day.

Continuous Live-Tweet Stream:








































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.