Tuesday, February 14, 2017

February 14th, 2017 Shane's Day

February 14th, 2017 Shane's Day

Valentines Day always includes thoughts and memories of my little brother Shane. He died sixteen years ago at the age of 24. Today would have been his 40th birthday.

Me, Irene and Shane--mid 90's.





















Early to mid 80's-Shane and me.

I picked up mom today for a Valentines Day lunch out. I let her pick the place. We talked about Shane quite a bit. I think, in many ways we're still grieving his death. We do share the memories and the laughs, and we can't help but smile when we talk about certain things Shane would do or say. Shane is loved and missed, immensely.

I brought mom to the studio after lunch and we visited some more while I worked on a few things, before taking her back. It was a great visit.

I enjoyed a good group weight loss support session tonight, prepared a dinner where I finally used some leftovers (yay me!) and I recorded a one on one session at the studio with Nathaniel for Transformation Planet. It was a full day.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained refined sugar-free. I exceeded my daily water goal. And I stayed well connected with support.

I did not meet my goal of a workout tonight. I simply didn't have it in me. I will tomorrow.

Thank you to my Aunt Kelli Anderson-Campbell for keeping an archive of family photos and providing these for tonight's blog post.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. I commented on your Facebook page. I can't even begin to think of how hard this is for you and your mom. Prayers sent. Keep posting! It's good for you...and for us!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.