Thursday, February 2, 2017

February 2nd, 2017 Underrated

February 2nd, 2017 Underrated

The more I move along this road, the more I learn. Making sure my mind is open and my perspective is in a positive place, is paramount to my continued growth. The last nearly three years have taught me much more than the five years before it combined. I sometimes sit in wonder of what the next three years will bring.

I often encourage others to practice positive visualizations of where they want to go--and I mean, in every way, every sense. That practice has been a key component for me because if I can imagine it, visualize it, dream about it--see it in my mind's eye, then I start to believe it's possible. It's one of the most underrated things I've been doing since day 1. I say "underrated" because I don't give it enough credit.

And those visualizations were not always positive. During my relapse regain, I had many visions of the gloom and doom in front of me if I continued spiraling out of control. My focus was finely tuned with fear of consequences from those days of chaos. And those consequences came in full force.

For me, it all goes back to: We get more of what we give the most energy and thought. We attract it. We either focus on what we fear or what we dream--or a mixture of both, I suppose. I've lived examples of both sides--the good and the not good, I've attracted a whole lot of both in my life. I'm blessed and grateful now--because the good far outweighs the other.    

I enjoyed some wonderful support conversations today and tonight with great people who are in "the same lifeboat," as Dr. Lerner says. The power of community--of support, of understanding--relating to one another--it is just... beautiful, it really is something special.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained refined sugar-free. I met my daily water goal. And I stayed well connected with super support. It was a great day.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.