Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February 28th, 2017 Less Different

February 28th, 2017 Less Different

I spent some time with mom today. She's really taken a sharp turn for the worse--and my focus today was making sure the staff where she lives is all on the same page with her care. The doctor ordered several tests and started some new medications, too. I feel good about the communication with staff today. One nurse in particular, assured me he would personally see to it that the assistants are fully aware of mom's dramatically changed status and needs. I don't think everyone was on the same page for a few days--and it wasn't a good thing.

I'm getting a sharp lesson in the power of staying connected with support through emotionally challenging times. I've spent a large part of my life turning to food in turbulent emotional and stressful times--and a very small part of my life doing things differently. As Life Coach Gerri always says, "which do you think we're better at doing?"  It takes effort--a daily awareness, mindfulness--to pick up the phone instead of the fork. It doesn't matter how long I've been in maintenance mode or how well I've lost the weight--none of that matters because it can all change the other way if I release my firm embrace of support. It's important for me to keep doing things differently until they feel "less different." 

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget (actually left 166 calories on the table--didn't manage midday calorie levels very well), I remained refined sugar-free, I stayed well connected with exceptional support, and I exceeded my daily water goal.

Have you subscribed to Transformation Planet? It's free. You can find it in iTunes for Apple devices, Google Play for Android or anywhere you find your favorite podcasts!

When we talk about transformation it's often about the physical--the difference you see. But what about the differences you can only feel? In this episode we'll get an update from Nathaniel--then, I'll take you on location to an event where I was the emcee--a social event, where we'll talk about the mental and emotional transformations that often happen with dramatic weight loss.

Today's Accountability Tweets:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Prayed for your mom. I hope all is well. My Facebook page was compromised! I guess I wasn't thorough enough with privacy controls, so I'm opening a new one. A lesson for all. The best to your dear mom, and I hope to join your group the next go round. Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.