Monday, February 6, 2017

February 6th, 2017 Say Goodbye

February 6th, 2017 Say Goodbye

It was a short day at work, just six hours before I left at noon to do my little TV show for the school system's cable channel. I picked up mom immediately after for a trip 43 miles south to Stillwater for a funeral. Cousin Alice was actually my grandma's cousin, but she remained close to many of us over the years, especially the last two decades. Alice was the family member holding my mom's hand in the delivery room during my birth.

I had a chance to see Alice's sister, Dorothy, too! Dorothy is a delight. She's also in her 90's and sharp as a tack. She grabbed my arm, smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek before launching into what amounted to a glowing book review of Transformation Road. I remember her requesting a copy three or four years ago--but honestly, I forgot she had one. I was surprised and truly honored by her generous gift of words. As we were leaving, I found her to say goodbye one last time. I walked away feeling like I might not get a chance to see her again. I mean, I sincerely hope she lives to 110, but anyway- I do hope I get to see her again. I'd love to make the time to hear her story and her ninety-something years of wisdom.

Mom and I didn't go to the family dinner or the post-funeral graveside ceremony. We had to get back home. The trip was a nice opportunity to visit with mom, just the two of us.

I'll admit, I didn't plan my lunch well. I simply ran out of time. I had to leave the studio at 11:50am--and the plan of making lunch about 11:15am was preempted by urgent production. It turned out okay. I have a plan B always ready--a quick stop on the way out of town for almonds, cheese, and fruit, and I was good to go.

I enjoyed a fantastic group support call tonight. And by the way--the next session starts February 27th! If you're interested in joining our dynamic weight loss accountability and support team, look for details in the next few days, right here on this blog and on my Facebook page.

I prepared a great dinner, completed a nice "gymless" workout (up and down stairs for 15 minutes-30 push-ups, 30 squats, and two 30 second planks) and answered a couple emails.

I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained refined sugar-free. I exceeded my daily water goal and I stayed well connected with great support!  

If you haven't listened to the latest episode of Transformation Planet, here's a clickable player:

Episode description: Winifred Morice's career in the world of nutrition can be traced back to her upbringing on a completely sustainable homestead in New Zealand. Her nutritional expertise helped shape Weight Watchers and eventually led to working with Richard Simmons, first on a cookbook, then on the development of the wildly successful Deal-A-Meal. Along the way, she hosted her own TV cooking show, and worked alongside Dinah Shore, Suzanne Somers and many others. Her no-nonsense, simplistic nutritional philosophy is something she communicates in easy to understand terms. In this episode of Transformation Planet, Winifred shares the details of her fascinating career, life, and takes some time to offer her best advice to anyone preparing their personal food plan.

All episodes of Transformation Planet can be found in iTunes, Google Play and wherever you find your favorite podcasts! Please subscribe!

Thank you for reading, listening, and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.