Thursday, October 13, 2016

October 13th, 2016 Willing To Grow

October 13th, 2016 Willing To Grow

I've received some wonderful support of late--some very caring, concerned friends who know very well that something must change. And they're right.

Making enough sleep one of my non-negotiable elements cannot wait.

I'll elaborate more about what changes I'm making and what I'm doing to support those changes, over the next couple of nights, when I'm not on an alarm for the next morning.

This is a prime example of progress, not perfection--8 years into this trek--and it isn't perfect, nor will it ever be--BUT, I must be open-minded and willing to grow in areas that need growth in order to continue this positive evolution.

Have you listened to Transformation Planet? This podcast is available in iTunes, Google Play and wherever you find your favorite podcasts. The latest episode features Dennis Adams!
 photo IMG_7050_zps4zmtm8qy.jpg
Dennis Adams is a survivor in every sense of the word. He was diagnosed with breast cancer, something he didn't even realize was possible for a man, until it became part of his story. He's cancer free today. In this episode, he'll take us to his highest weight of 501 pounds and share what inspired him to make a change once and for all. He's maintaining a 330-pound weight loss and he's doing it on the road, where he works as an over the road truck driver.


Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained abstinent from refined sugar, I exceeded my daily water goal and I stayed connected with incredible support.

Thank you to Facebook for supplying a stream of memories. Today's Facebook Memory from 5 years ago today:

"Never forgetting what it felt like to be “that guy.” The pain, limitations, and impossible dreams of yesterday are gone, replaced with joy and limitless possibilities—Made possible by the teachings of tough lessons along the way, teachings taught unknowingly by my crucial mistakes. “Crucial,” because I had to fail over and over to finally arrive here. An imperfect place, to be sure, but night and day from where I came. Always learning from and appreciating the trip!"

That was written before my relapse/regain. Yeah. I had plenty more teachings ahead at that point. I have plenty more teachings to learn. I hope and pray that I always stay open to the available lessons along the way.

Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.