Friday, October 21, 2016

October 21st, 2016 That's The Biggie

October 21st, 2016 That's The Biggie

It's interesting how we, as humans, are capable of closing our minds off to something and living in an oblivious state of consciousness, where we don't acknowledge--or even recognize, the other side we're willfully ignoring. I'm really good at doing that. I mean, let's be honest--I did it for nearly two decades at 500 pounds.

Tonight will be the 8th night in a row of at least 7 hours sleep. Already, I'm seeing positive changes. And the consequences of my non-existent importance level around sleep is becoming painfully clear. Rather than focusing on what is lost, I'm choosing to focus on what's ahead.

My success, with all its ups and downs, triumphs and struggles, is largely due to my embrace of the fundamental elements I hold sacred each day. This list includes the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical work--along with certain tasks/routines I make important (the abstinence from refined sugar-the weighing and measuring food-and the accountability measures surrounding it all). Even with that priority list NOT containing proper rest, what it did contain kept me moving forward in a wonderful direction--and here I am, today. And that's great.

But where do I want to go?

It's extremely challenging to accomplish anything extra when you're exhausted 85% of the time. When you're just trying to make it to the next nap or cup of caffeine, there's little energy remaining to do anything else.

I have two barely started manuscripts I'd like to turn into books. I'd like to experience the difference a dedicated, consistent weight training routine would bring. I'd like to expand my personal and group weight loss support/mentoring. I'd love to do more stand-up. I think it would be the most amazing thing to do more speaking engagements about what I've experienced and learned over the last eight years. And there's more. 

Under the cloud of sleep deprivation, these things--instead of becoming points of inspiration, became things generating negative thoughts and emotions--because they were dormant--stored away until I could figure out how to make it work. But figuring out how to make it work was just another task left incomplete--because, again--all of my energy was spent maintaining the schedule and things I was somehow maintaining, and of course--making it to the next nap or cup of coffee.

I love coffee--and please don't get me wrong, I haven't been drinking it simply to make it through the day--I also drink it because I love it!

If it wasn't for the personal coaching of Gerri Helms, I wouldn't have launched the podcast.

The most important thing I can do is continue taking extraordinary care each and every day, regardless. Bottom line, that's the biggie.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I exceeded my daily water goal. And I stayed connected with solid support contacts.

The latest episode of Transformation Planet features Janelle Keith. I hope you'll give it a listen! My mom and grandson Noah are featured at the end of the episode in an "on location" segment. It's fun! You can find Transformation Planet wherever you find your favorite podcasts. It's in iTunes, Google Play and you'll always find the last five episodes listed along the lefthand side of this blog's web version. Here's the latest episode directly from PodBean.com:


Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.