Friday, October 14, 2016

October 14th, 2016 The Sweetest Thing

October 14th, 2016 The Sweetest Thing

I was in bed earlier last night and it made a significant difference for me today. I was able to handle an extended work day and with only a 30-minute refresher nap, I jumped up and headed out to pick up my grandson for a trip to the circus.

My new sleep plan is focused on what time I must be up as opposed to what time I'm going to bed. The goal each night is 7 hours. I had 6 hours last night and it was wonderful. 7 hours sleep consistently, would do me worlds of good. If the alarm is set for 4:30, I must plan my day around the 9:30pm bedtime. On the weekends, if my alarm is set for 9am, then 2am is the drop time. I enjoy staying up late when I can. I get stuff done sometimes--and other times, I do things I don't normally make much time for--like watching something I enjoy on Netflix.

The circus scared Noah last year. What a difference a year makes! He really wasn't as interested in the circus acts as he was the light sword and Spongebob inflatable on a stick. But the main thing was--he smiled, clapped and watched some of it with wonder in his adorable eyes. Last year he displayed a concerned/frightened look. Remember this one?
 photo at20circus_zps9w97lfb5.jpg 
Tonight was different!
 photo IMG_7504_zpsna3rllp8.jpg
What a wonderful experience. As I've vaguely mentioned before in these writings, I do have help when I have Noah for two or three days. A longtime friend of mine (she values her anonymity--never wanting credit in these writings) helps out in a monumental way. Noah has grown incredibly close to her, too. This additional help enables me to keep Noah for the weekend. Keeping Noah all weekend without any additional assistance would be almost impossible most weekends. I share this additional personal detail because sometimes I don't, per her request, and it appears I do it all on my own. Nope, most of the time I have help! And it works well for all of us!

That little guy is incredibly precious. Tonight, he climbed up on my lap and snuggled for a bit before going to bed. It was the sweetest thing.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I exceeded my water goal. I stayed in excellent contact with support friends and my activity level served as my exercise.

Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are intending to place value on rest. It's the next step in your transformation, Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep is so important! Glad your making it a priority. Your one awesome grandfather!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.