Saturday, October 29, 2016

October 29th, 2016 In A Good Way

October 29th, 2016 In A Good Way

I really took it easy today. I needed a day like today. I prepared for a dj gig this evening, a Halloween party, and basically did little else. Essentially, it was a day off, except for this gig tonight.

I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I exceeded my daily water goal and I had some good support interactions a few times throughout the day.

At the party tonight, I received what was meant to be a compliment, but it struck me weird: "If you lose any more weight, you're going to waste away. You're looking skinny." Immediately, my facial expression prompted the person to say, "I mean that in a good way." 

I've never felt better and I truly believe I'm at what I would consider my healthiest weight--but something about the word "skinny" bothered me a little bit. It's not a big deal at all. And I know it was a compliment, so I'll accept it-- but just for the record, being skinny, whatever that is, was never my goal--maintaining a healthy weight was and continues to be my goal, each day. I feel like I'm doing that well. I never thought in a million years I'd ever be referred to as "skinny."
 photo At Halloween Party_zpswip07x05.jpg
At tonight's party.

I think what happens is, someone might see me eating what I eat--or not eating something, or declining something, and this gives the impression that I'm still in weight loss mode. I'm not, of course. I'm in maintenance mode and have been for nearly a year. And it's the commitment to my maintenance plan each day that keeps me here, at a healthy body weight. I certainly understand how that might appear to be weight loss mode, especially from the perspective of someone I don't see very often.

It was a solid Saturday.

Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.